COMMUNITY OUTREACH / DONATIONS
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PRESENTATIONS
Our practice is dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we work. Throughout the school year, dental hygienists/assistants from our practice visit area schools to educate children on brushing, flossing, nutrition, and what to expect when visiting our dental office. We enjoy this time spent with our community children, and the kids have a good time too!
We feel that it is very important to teach our children the proper techniques on how to keep their smiles not only beautiful, but also healthy. As a pediatric specialist committed to the prevention of dental disease, my office has designed a special program for elementary/middle school children to be presented in their school setting. The program discusses the prevention of cavities, the importance of eating nutritious foods, and proper brushing techniques. In addition, a brief audio-visual program is part of the presentation.
The field trip program in our office is suited for groups of students, teachers, associated personnel, and parents, if they elect to attend. This tour will likewise present information about the prevention of cavities, the importance of eating nutritious foods, and proper brushing techniques, the same audio-visual program, plus a tour of our dental office.
If you would like to schedule a presentation for your school, or to schedule an educational field trip, please contact our School Presentation Coordinator, 803-279-9901, ext. 501. We will be delighted to schedule a date on our calendar, as well as, answer any further questions you may have. You may also email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org
DONATIONS TO THE COMMUNITY
• Medical College of Georgia Children’s Medical Center
• Dream Riders – an accredited therapeutic horseback riding program for people with physical and mental disabilities of all ages.
• South Carolina Special Olympics
• SPCA – Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
• North Shore Animal League
• Alley Cat Allies – an organization advocating trap/neuter/return as a method of reducing feral cat populations
• All God’s Creatures – a volunteer pet rescue organization is leading the fight throughout our community to give animals a new life in permanent, loving homes.
• American Heart Association
• American Cancer Society
• South Carolina Trooper’s Association
• Women in Unity
• Paralyzed Veterans
• The American Legion
• Marine Corp League
• Golden Harvest Food Bank
• Humane Society
• Head Start – a national program that promotes school readiness by enhancing the social and cognitive development of children through the provision of educational, health, nutritional, social and other services
to enrolled children and families.
• The Recing Crew, North Augusta Special Leisure & Recreation Association –The Alley Cats is a bowling team consisting of teens and adults with disabilities.
• STAR – Specialized Therapeutic And Recreational Riding – an equine assisted therapeutic program dedicated to serving people with disabilities in the